Battle of the Bands
The Adelaide Casino is proud to host the inaugural Guitars in Bars Battle of the Bands 2018. Twelve bands will be in the running to win over $10k in cash and prizes! Bands, duos and soloists are welcome to apply, see selection process below.
- Register an event as part of Guitars in Bars 2018, complete the Guitars in Bar application and register for the Battle of the Bands http://www.adelaideguitarfestival.com.au/program/guitars-in-bars/
- Judges will asses each application and select twelve bands to perform at two heats.
- 6 bands will perform a 25 minute set of originals or cover music at Heat 1 and Heat 2. Two bands from each of the heats will advance to the Grand Final.
- 4 bands will perform a 40 minute set of original or cover music at the Grand Final and be in the running to win over $10,000 in cash and prizes.
- First and second place will be decided on the night through judge’s decision
- $5,000 in cash
- Monthly Residency at Oasis Bar (valued at $5,000)
- Adelaide Festival Centre Professional Development opportunity
- 1 x full day recording at Mix Masters studio (valued at $800)
- 1 x mix and master at Milk & Honey Audio (valued at $800)
- Golden Ticket to the Adelaide Guitar Festival
Heat 1 & Heat 2
Bands will have 35 minutes to perform a set of original or cover music (5 minutes to set up and 5 minutes to pack down). A drum kit, 2 x guitar amps, bass amp, microphones, DI boxes and stage monitors will be provided.
Bands/artists will have 50 minutes to perform a set of original or cover music (5 minutes to set up and 5 minutes to pack down). A drum kit, 2 x guitar amps, bass amp, microphones, DI boxes and stage monitors will be provided.
Applications open - Monday 26th March 2018
Applications close - Friday 25th May 2018
Applications assessed by Judges – Monday 28th May 2018
Selected bands notified - Monday 11st June 2018
Heat 1 at Oasis Bar - Friday 20th July, 2018
Heat 2 at Oasis Bar - Friday 27th July, 2018
Grand Final at Oasis Bar - Friday 3rd, August 2018
Weighted score: 25% Crowd Participation / 25% Virtuosity / 25% Stage Presence / 25% musical content