In a world first, Lucky Pairs arrives at Adelaide Casino.
The objective of the game is to be dealt a higher two card total or achieve a higher pair than the Dealer.
How to play
- After placing a wager on the ‘Ante Bet’, each player will be dealt 2 consecutive cards facedown and then the Dealer shall receive 2 cards facedown.
- Once all cards are dealt the Players can then look at their cards. If the Player thinks their 2 cards total or a pair dealt will be higher than the dealer’s, then they must place a wager on the ‘Play Bet’ which is equal to their ‘Ante Bet’. This wager is then placed on top of their cards or alternatively, they can surrender their cards and Ante wager (if they don’t think their 2 cards total or a pair dealt will be higher than the dealer’s) and Joker wager (if played) to the Dealer.
- The Dealer will announce ‘No more bets’ and then reveal their own cards. The Dealer must have a two card total of 14 or higher or a pair to open and play against the Players hands.
- If the Dealer opens (i.e. with a total of 14 or higher or a pair), the Dealer then plays against the Players hands. The Dealer will check all hands to determine if they are winning or losing wagers. Winning ‘Play Bet’ and ‘Ante Bet’ wagers will be paid at the designated odds printed on the table.
- A hand shall be paid at higher odds should the Player achieve a higher pair than the Dealer’s hand. Refer to the pay odds printed on the table.
- If the Dealer doesn’t open, all ‘Ante Bet’ wagers are paid even money.
- Players will also have the option to place a wager on the ‘Joker Bet’ bonus side bet. The ‘Joker Bet’ wager wins if the player is dealt one or both Joker cards. The ‘Joker Bet’ wager loses if the Player isn’t dealt a Joker card.
- ‘Ante Bet’ shall mean the original wager placed by a Player
- ‘Play Bet’ shall mean the wager placed that is equal to the ‘Ante Bet’ so that a Player can continue to take part in a round of play
- ‘Joker Bet’ shall mean a bonus side bet wager placed for the bonus payouts
- ‘Standoff’ shall mean a Player’s hand shall neither win nor lose.
What are the values of the cards?
When determining a two card total any card from 2 to 10 shall have its face value, any picture card (Jack, Queen or King) shall have a value of ten, an Ace shall always have a value of eleven and a Joker shall be the highest ranking card and shall be wild (can be used as any card in the deck).
In regards to the ranking of pairs, each card from 2 to 10 shall have its face value; from lowest to highest the ranking shall then be Jack, Queen, King, Ace and then the Joker. A pair of Jokers is the highest hand in Lucky Pairs.