Free Bet Blackjack
HOW TO PLAY?
1. After placing a wager in the Betting box (an optional bet in the Perfect Pairs area may also be placed), each Player receives two cards from the Dealer, who is also dealt a card.
2. All Players’ hands that achieve Blackjack are paid at odds of 3-2 immediately if the Dealer’s first card is not an Ace or a 10 value card. Blackjack is achieved when your first two cards are an Ace plus any Ten, Jack, Queen or King. All Perfect Pair Bets are also settled.
3. In turn, each Player now must decide whether or not to draw further cards. Players have the following options:
• Double, you may choose to double for free (equal to your original bet) if your first two cards total 9, 10 or 11 (without aces). The Dealer will place a Free Bet marker next to your bet which represents the value of your first wager. You will only be dealt one additional card when you double.
• Split any pair of the same face value for free again with the use of a Free Bet marker provided by the Dealer to form two separate hands. You cannot get Blackjack on split hands, they count as 21.
• Draw further cards: To indicate that you wish to draw further cards just tap the table with your finger. Remember you don’t want to go over 21.
• Stand on your two card total: To indicate that you wish to stand just wave your hand horizontally behind your Bet.
4. Once all Players have made their decisions the Dealer will complete their hand. The Dealer plays to a strict set of rules. Dealers must take another card if their hand totals 16 or less and stand if their hand totals 17 or more.
5. You win if your total is higher than the Dealer’s or if the Dealer ‘Busts’ (goes over 21). If your total is the same as the Dealer’s or if the Dealer’s hand totals 22 you have a stand-off or push which means you neither win nor lose. If you go over 21 or your total is less than the Dealer’s then the Dealer wins.
If your first two cards are of equal value, you may split to form a maximum of three hands. This will only cost you your original wager as all additional splits can be done for free. The exception to this rule is that if you split any 10 value cards you must match your original wager for each split as this hand is not free.
Aces may be split to form only two hands. You will receive a Free Bet marker and an additional card for each hand when the free bet option is taken. Therefore you split for free.
Insurance: If the first card dealt to the Dealer is an Ace, the Dealer will announce “Insurance”. You may then place an insurance bet of no more than half your original bet, to insure your hand should the Dealer make Blackjack. An insurance bet is paid at odds of 2 to 1 and will only win if the Dealer makes Blackjack. If the Dealer does not make Blackjack the insurance bet is lost.
Any Pair: A side Bet on your hand that will win if the first two cards dealt are a pair, and is paid at the odds of 11-1 regardless of colour or suit.
If you are still unsure about how to play Free Bet Blackjack, please ask one of the table staff for assistance.