Adelaide Casino - Member of SKYCITY Adelaide Entertainment Group
Located in Adelaide's historic Railway Station building, Adelaide Casino is South Australia's only casino destination and the city's most exciting gaming and entertainment venue.
Our philosophy is to provide a fun, contemporary environment with a variety of entertainment to ensure our customers have an exciting experience.
The company is the city's 10th largest employer and injects around $30 million into the State each year through the employment of over 1000 staff, as well as paying approximately $19 million annually in State taxes.
The SKYCITY Entertainment Group, based in Auckland, one of Australasia's leading gaming and entertainment companies, employing over 3,400 people in New Zealand and Australia. It is publicly listed on both the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges. Besides Adelaide Casino, the SKYCITY group owns and operates casinos in Auckland, Darwin, Queenstown and Hamilton.
Since its construction in 1985, Adelaide Casino has had a number of upgrades and projects to upgrade the venue. Some of the major works have been:
• 1991 Refurbishment of the southside area to create an electronic gaming machine floor
• 2002 Major refurbishment of the northside of the ground floor including a new baccarat room, updated slots area as well as new internal screens, carpet, wall finishes and internal lighting enhancements • 2003 Redevelopment of Pullman Restaurant
• 2003 Completed the Grandstand bar to be the destination for sporting events
• 2005 Overhaul of the ground floor to include Loco Bar, North Restaurant and the gaming floor with escalators linking to the first floor
• 2006 Developed the Platinum room for VIP gaming machine players
• 2007 Upgraded the external northern balconies servicing the Pullman Restaurant and other patrons on the first floor
• 2008 Creation of the Oasis Courtyard
• 2009 Established the Baccarat room on the ground floor
• 2010 Creation of the Marble Hall table gaming area complete with a bar with a feature chandelier which has 2029 glass baubles
• 2011 Refurbishment of Grandstand Bar
• 2011 Refurbishment of Grange VIP gaming rooms
• 2012 Introduction of Cent City, featuring 185 1c gaming machines
• 2012 Creation of the Backyard Bar, an outdoor bar at the northern end of the building featuring a large outdoor LED screen and overlooking the River Torrens
• 2013 Commencement of the interim refurbishment programme of works with Baccarat Pavillion and ground floor gaming upgrades.
• 2014 Stage 2 & 3 of the interim refurbishment programme completed with a new Platinum Gaming room, introduction of the Black room, Sean’s Kitchen, Barossa room, Barossa external dining, VIP dining, Oasis pizza bar & upgrade of main floor toilets on the ground floor.
• 2015 Stage 4 & 5 of the interim refurbishment programme with the introduction of Madame Hanoi, refurbishment of level 1 main floor toilets and creation of POP
To find about more about SKYCITY Entertainment Group, please visit www.skycityentertainmentgroup.com